Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coconut Oil: And why we love it!

I would love to see everyone use's for coconut oil. Please add what you use it for to the list! I have an "upstairs" coconut oil that's in a wide mouth jar for all beauty/body things and "downstairs" coconut oil in a mason-type jar for cooking. What do you do?

Upstairs- Baby/Beauty/Body/Hair

Eye make up remover- on a Cotton pad, does the trick, PLUS leaves you moisturized.
On rashes- I have super sensitive skin. CO seems to calm it down.
On Ends of Hair: if its seeming dry and damaged (post beach trip?) Ill put a SMALL amount on just the ends before I shampoo.
On Razor Burn: Don't know why this works, but....
Sunburn: I used a little on it yesterday and it healed up nicely. I'm not sure your supposed to put oil on a burn however...
As lotion: face lotion, lotion for legs and arms
Babies bottoms- use in place of your normal butt paste or desitin. I use it even with cloth diapers.
Bruises, Cuts, Scrapes, Rug-burns, etc: lather it on there.


Downstairs- Cooking, etc

-For any type of sauteing that would need a "spray" or butter
-For a change of pace when scrambling/frying eggs. Makes them a little tropical and summer-y.
-Melted in place of oil in some baking (a friend did this in a chocolate cake mix. yum.)
-In Mashed Sweet Potato's- enhances the sweet so you don't really need sugar. Be warned before hand, as the first time I added a bunch of brown sugar and they were too sweet.
-Popcorn- make popcorn then add a little melted butter and coconut oil- toss with Sea Salt
-Pretty much anywhere you would use oil- I added them to muffins instead of oil- even brownies.
-Veggies- a little butter, coconut oil and sea salt
-Ezekiel bread toast- smear it like you would butter
-Even waffles- I put it like you would syrup or butter



What do you use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment